| Job Code
| TxGrphDes - Home Textile Designer
||$38-60k Depending upon exp.+ benefits
||Designer/ Product Developer/ Product Production
OPPORTUNITY: Manage & supply, design & product requirements for approx 10 major retail accounts.
- provide appropriate design concepts &/or planograms fullfilling
retailer breifs, with a focus in the bath, kitchen & beach catagories.
- presentation drawings of design concepts & development to clients.
- liase between factories & clients in the development of product &
samples for clientel programs.
- design specification/ technical drawings.
- packaging design concepts & development.
- ideas/concepts for new product development for general sales within bath,
kitchen & beach.
- design/concepts for licenses such as Warner Bros & NHL.
- regular store checks/ sample shopping relevant to assigned accounts.
- keeping abreast of the lastest global trends & forcast within the textile industry.
- applicable tradeshow attandance.
- product approvals of colour & quality for both customer & in-house programs.
- packaging approvals for colour, dye lines, & quality control.
- communicate with factories overseas & account contacts to ensure correct
- responsible for Licensor approvals & communications
- responsible for organization all pre-production & production samples
- design degree in a related field
- knowledge of textiles is preferrable
- advanced computer skills: illustrator CS & Adobe Photoshop CS2.
- intermediate computer skills required: Microsoft excel, Power Point & MS Word.
- excellent communication skills required
- must have ability to self-motivate & take initiative
- detail oriented
- photography skills &
- presentation skills
- must be able to magage multiple deadlines
- team oriented