The Technical Designer is responsible for the garment uniformity and consistency as it pertains to fit, construction and quality. Interfaces with all cross functional teams including designer and overseas team. Ensures product is consistent with company standards and production timelines are met.
Amazing opportunity to step into a highly strategic intermediate Technical Design role for high end knits apparel. Candidate must have practical Tech Design experience, including but not limited to, fittings, approvals, patternmaking, construction of garment, technical sketching, and creating tech packs. Illustrator experience is a HUGE plus.
Purpose and Scope: Take product from initial concept of design through development. Responsibilities: *Maintain and update tech packs. *Coordinate and monitor pattern work and cut work flow. *Prepare garments and paperwork for fitting. *Prepare list of garments to fit. *Take concise fit notes. *Communication with overseas staff. *Communication with design, merchant and production teams. *Assist in preparation for line review. Job Requirements: *Education in apparel studies preferred but not required. *3 - 5 years experience in the apparel industry. *Proficiency in Illustrator CS, Excel, Outlook. *Ability to spec garments read patterns and make corrections. *Ability to multi-task.
The ideal candidate will be a strong team leader and creative thinker with extensive process knowledge regarding fit and approval ...
• Collaborate the Designer to determine fit and aesthetic details.
• Create and update tech packs.
• Lead/attend fit sessions with designers and merchants, proposing alternative methods of construction or components.
• Approve fit, trim components and construction of garments within development and production timelines.
• Ensure labeling, marketing and packaging requirements are compliant with Pure & Co. standards.
• Monitor and track the status of all development and production styles.
• Communicate fit comments and corrections to overseas office, factories and QC.
• Ensures that Pre-Production and Production samples are complete to ensure all deadlines are met.
• Collaborate with Design as well as Sales Team.
• Partner with the technical supervisor to initiate block pattern development and resolve pattern issues.
• Daily communication and follow through with cross functional and overseas staff.
• Consistent/continuous prioritization of workload and tasks.
• Prepare various garments for fit sessions and meetings.
• Assist in department’s pattern prioritization.
• Ability to research and resolve quality issues.