Contact Howard via telephone directly 416 224 050 or via our website.
Our client a Canadian industry leader in Commercial Textiles and Uniforms requires:
1. Forecast production requirement for in stock programs by monitoring inventory levels of current product on hand, project required stock levels for new products to be developed and inserted into existing product lines. Collaborates with design, merchandising, vendors, and Far East vendors (China) to develop new products, and ensure quality standards are achieved.
2. Communicates and negotiates pricing and delivery with overseas vendors. Monitors production status and reports on issues. Analyze on vendor performance.
3. Monitor and issue PO’s and report on quality of import receipts. Collaborates with production, vendors, and China to resolve delivery/negotiate price. Investigates and solves quality, production and lead time issues relating to raw materials and finished product.
4. Reviews quality and colour lab dips prior to bulk production. Initiate specifications for product and monitor the approval of sample and production runs.
5. Creates, maintains and updates accurate details of import of garment/textiles purchases and style information.
6. Monitors the proto samples’ orders and arrival dates to meet deadlines and other internal demands.
7. Maintains and updates textile/garment and manufacturing vendor database for Far East apparel manufacturing.
8. Creates, maintains and updates trip schedules, purchase order spreadsheet and order procedure manual.
9. Completes other tasks and assignments as required by management and complies with policies and procedures.
10. Sources and evaluates potential vendor/s.
• Equivalent of a post-secondary diploma/degree in business, buying or fashion-related discipline combined with 5 years’ related work experience preferably in forecasting/sourcing/buying/supply chain management within the garment industry with knowledge of sourcing in China, with ability to set up quality specifications/standards
• Equivalent of college/university education in Fashion Management, Materials Management or Purchasing
• Professional designation in any of the following: CPP, CPIM, CSCP is preferred
• Previous work experience in Purchasing in an apparel import/manufacturing environment
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. PowerPoint is an asset
• Fluent, clear oral and written English communication skills are essential; ability to communicate in a second language Chinese is an asset
• Strong time management, leadership and negotiation skills
• “Can do” positive, upbeat attitude and willingness to co-operate and assist other departments and team members;
• Strong sense of urgency with high attention to detail and accuracy
• Well-developed organizational skills with ability to set and adjust to changing priorities, multi task and perform under deadline pressures in a fast-paced environment
• Reliable, responsible individual with strong work ethic, friendly attitude and willingness to learn
• Availability to travel and work extended and weekend hours to achieve deadlines