Position Title: Technical Designer
Reports to: Senior Technical Designer & Design Manager
The successful candidate will possess strong garment production knowledge and problem solving abilities that will directly support the Technical Design team. They will communicate design ideas and fit/construction issues to vendors effectively and effciently, following company timelines and procedures.
They will be comfortable working with garment specifications in inches and be able to confidently discuss and resolve spec discrepancies. They will assist the team in building new styles specifications, processing all pre-production sample comments and maintain existing fits/styles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Measure all incoming samples accurately, analyze construction/_t/trims, and comment clearly on all necessary changes and problems
2. Conduct fit sessions with the Technical Design team and Design Manager
3. Maintain clear and concise communication with all vendors
4. Maintain all department records, charts and samples
5. Sketch new designs and/or edit design details on existing sketches
6. May assist the team on various other duties that may include but are not limited to: photoshoot assistance, office parcel shipping and receiving, overseeing the Jr. Technical Designer on various tasks
1. Graduate of college/university Fashion Design program
2. Proficient on Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Excel/Word/Outlook on a Mac based platform
2. Strong understanding of pattern drafting, draping and production quality construction
methods (able to sew and or draft if required).
3. Ability to identify and articulate fit and styling issues
4. Strong organization and time management skills.
5. Great sense of style and keen eye for colours and details a bonus
6. Highly motivated individual who is a self-starter