The GTA Production Manager is responsible for nurturing and developing relationship with all contractors across Ontario (GTA, Hamilton, and Waterloo) ensuring timely production delivery across all manufacturing facilities. The position encompasses the functions of production coordinating, capacity planning, costing, NDA and contract signing while managing a team of outside contract manufacturers. The position also requires the individual to continuously source new potential contractors in Ontario.
1) Demonstrated ability to manage multi-site production (in–house production and contractors) in accordance with customer delivery dates, ensuring on time delivery according to Production schedule.
2) Hands on experience running a large facility ( 100 + workers)
3) Weekly visits to check the status of each PO and to assist in setting up cutting room and down filling rooms as needed.
4) Production planning and management skills (forecasting, scheduling, price negotiations, contractor management, ability to keep drive / on-time-deliveries)
5) Understanding shop floor technical (garment construction & engineering, load balancing, costing, working knowledge of RM’s, time studies)
6) Union experience and negation skills a must.
7) Extremely organised
8) Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
9) Visual Management / reporting skills
10) Ability to report out to the Executive level.
11) Collaborates with Quality Assurance Manager to ensure best in class quality and related processes are followed.
12) Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by management.
13) Complies with company policies and procedures.
Apparel manufacturing experience with 7+ years is a MUST
• 7+ years ,apparel manufacturing experience is a MUST ( heavy outerwear and /or down experience preferred)
• Experience in Managing operations of a high-end apparel manufacturing facility set-up with multi style and quality production ability.
• Must be able to deal effectively with diverse group of contractors.
• Must be familiar with manufacturing techniques and knowledge of concepts related to Apparel Manufacturing.
• Must be familiar with equipment used in the apparel industry (cutting, sewing and finishing equipment) including use of basic, semi automatic and automatic machines.
• Must have knowledge of Quality Assurance Systems and Inventory Management Systems.
• Must have excellent negotiation skills and ability to select contractors and vendors.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, operate proactively, work as a team and handle challenges.
• Excellent common sense, decision-making abilities, interpersonal and analytical skills.
• Ability to evaluate options and generate solutions.
• Confident, articulate, organized, detail oriented, goal oriented, self-motivated and hard working.
• Must be familiar with computers and business software such as MS Office, Excel, CAD, and ERP Software.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle for multi-site visits.