• Research and design products for designated categories with an innovation mindset across all categories Knits, Woven, Sweater knits.
• Lead and mentor a team of Designers to achieve department’s needs.
• Develop and assist in and maintaining on-time execution of vendor- ready detailed tech packs, including Technical sketches, fabrics and trims, & construction details.
• Create designs independently based on seasonal trend directions provided to fulfill the brands assortment requirements.
• Communicate daily with sourcing offices in Hong Kong and China to ensure execution of tech packs to meet brands quality, construction and fit requirements.
• Collaborate with Fit Technicians and guide them with technical solutions on a daily basis to ensure good fitting apparel during fit sessions.
• Approved lab dips / trims / bulk fabrics based on color standards.
• Develop, organize and issue branding directions (Main & CC labels / P.O labels / wash care) to vendors for all styles.
• Maintain deadlines with all development, Lab dips, trims, raw materials, fit samples, and PPS throughout the product development process in coordination with the development calendar. Catalogue the information effectively.
• Develop and ensure timely testing and approvals for trims, labels, artwork and packaging.
• Maintain library of fabric, trims, reference samples and season related graphic artwork.
• Assist with any other duties as required in everyday operation of the design department.
• Degree in Apparel / Fashion design.
• In-depth knowledge of all apparel categories Knits, Woven, Sweater knits.
• Extensive knowledge of software tools as required Adobe (Illustrator, PS) and Microsoft Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Access). Ability to develop detailed Tech packs / technical sketches.
• 7 year’s + experience in technical design of apparel is required (Sportswear knowledge/ experience is preferred)
• Result oriented team player with great people management skills who works well under pressure in a fast, entrepreneurial team environment.
• Expert knowledge of Garment construction, Pattern making, Fitting and manufacturing. Any headwear experience is an asset .
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills to manage multiple projects and details.
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal – with offshore offices, vendors with whom you will email and occasionally video conference.
• World-class customer service frame of mind – urgent, high-quality, decisive and proactive.
• Must be available to work standard business hours (40hrs/week) in the Richmond Hill, Head Office.
• Must be available to work occasional off-hours due to global nature of communications