• Interpret and analyze the Designers’ objectives to create styles, using Gerber Accumark, that achieve company objectives.
• Determine the correct garment constructions to achieve proper fit and design aesthetics while facilitating industry production methods.
• Make pattern adjustments to existing styles in a manner which maintains company history, objectives and standards
• Attend all fitting sessions for adjustments to meet fitting requirements of approved style
• Calculate yields for costing, estimates, and production purposes
• Provide and approve final base specification of garments
• Manage library of patterns, spec books and samples
• Communicate with other departments in regards to the development process and manage the flow of information regarding the execution of new styles
• Coordinate and supervise the sample making process and manage and schedule the workflow within the sample sewing and pattern making team
• Other duties as assigned by manager
• Minimum of 7+ years experience in pattern making , specific emphasis in outerwear garments and technology an asset
• Diploma in Fashion or garment construction
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft applications and Gerber Accumark
• Knowledge in functionality of variety of industrial sewing machines, such as single needle, serger, flatlock machine and coverstitch machine
• Advanced knowledge of garment construction, knits and woven fabrics
• Solid experience working with overseas manufacturing would be an asset
• Detail oriented and easily adaptable to change in a fast paces environment
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Strong organizational and leadership abilities