Successful execution of a global on-floor strategy for the Brand at the DSC, Moores, Golf Town, Outlets and Independents. Create an “easy-to-shop & buy” visually enticing environment. This position will also be responsible for measuring results and managing relationships with agencies.
• Sell-thru, visually enticing retail presentation and in-store environment that reflects the Brand Value Proposition.
• Execution of on-floor programs including: shop-in-shop design, consumer friendly in-store navigation, POS, and product merchandising that reflects the Brand Value Proposition and the Look & Feel while meeting customer needs.
• Develop communication packages for 3rd Party Merchandising vendors including: POS/Navigation installation, On-floor updates, Special Events, etc.
• Leverage global retail marketing initiatives that optimize product presentation with the use of fixturing, POS and other collateral to drive sell-thru.
• Present cost effective and timely on-floor initiatives (Navigation, POS & On-floor Presentation) to the Retail Manager, sales and our key retail customers.
• Brief agencies, design studios, printers and contractors to develop and execute the ‘vision’ effectively on-time and on budget.
• Develop new strategic signage solutions by continually evaluating changing North American retail practices, tracking competitor activities at retail, and ensuring strategic alignment with the Brand and retail Channel Strategies.
• Establish strong and collaborative working relationships with sales, merchandising and the US Marketing Team to facilitate Dockers® on-floor program implementation.
• Research, source and meet with new suppliers and maintain effective relationships with existing suppliers to achieve goals within strict timelines and budgetary restrictions while following the Brand Ways.
• Measure and evaluate retail communications program performance, including impact on sell-through, consumer perceptions and behaviours and feedback from sales associates.
• Develop and manage A&P budget including accurate monthly forecasts, monthly and year end accruals and quarterly reporting for Seasonal POS/Navigation & On-floor Presentation.
Sales, Merchandising, Consumer/Retail Marketing, Retail Customers, US Counterparts, External Design Firms and/or Contractors.
Travel Required (%):
College Degree in Visual/Fashion Merchandising, Retail Marketing or Interior Design
5 years of retail marketing and/or store design experience to include proven ability to develop, sell-in and successfully execute programs for selling branded apparel in a variety or retail formats.
Thorough understanding of store layout/fixtures, merchandising and a keen eye for graphic design.
• Budget management
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Ability to juggle multiple projects
• Strong communication skills: written and verbal
• Strong experience in project planning
• Strong passion for retail presentation and/or store planning
• Strong art direction skills and/or basic understanding of graphic design programs
• A team player, fosters collaboration
• Ability to meet strict deadlines
• Ability to adapt to varying situations
• Works well with internal stakeholders to sell the vision
• Successfully negotiate with retail customers to ensure on-time project execution
• Driven to Win: Creates profitable growth; demonstrates urgency and versatility; demands accountability for results
• Externally Focused: Focuses on consumers, customers and competitors; Commits to the mutual success of internal and external partners (e.g., colleagues, customers, suppliers); demonstrates corporate citizenship principles
• Innovative: Acts entrepreneurially; executes innovation and change; learns and adapts
• Global Mindset: Drives for global leverage; fosters global brand stewardship; demonstrates cultural competence
• Talent Builder: Envision – creates clarity; Engage – builds commitment; Enable – develops individual and team capability
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals in the job.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.