SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Receptionist/Customer Service and General Office Support person is the company’s first point of contact for visitors and telephone inquiries. This person is responsible for ensuring that all such persons are greeted warmly, all telephone calls are responded to quickly and professionally, and all calls and similar efforts to contact.
• Handles incoming calls and answers or re-directs inquiries related to company products and services.
• Greets all visitors warmly, determines their purpose for being on the premises provides logs and retrieves guest passes and announces visitors to the appropriate personnel.
• Receives, sorts , and routes all company mail and similar publications.
• Provides administrative assistance to the office as required or directed.
• Ensures that confidential documents and similar sensitive information is handled with appropriate concern for privacy.
• Responsible for the faxing of packing slips for shipments.
• Contacts delivery companies for the ordering and delivery of office supplies when necessary.
• Responsible for placing the grocery order for staff room when necessary, the daily cleanliness of staff room and nightly running of the dishwasher, facilitates refreshments to clients at business meetings, and maintains hospitality fridge.
• Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by management.
• Complies with company policies and procedures
• Degree or diploma in secretarial/office administration an asset.
• Minimum 2 years of work experience.
• Friendly and welcoming disposition with a sense of humor, a clear and friendly phone manner, clear and effective communication and English language skills, efficient and effective telephone, fax, and greeting skills.
• Basic business software applications (Word, Excel).
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
• Strong work ethic.
• Professional demeanor
• Attention to detail and well organized.