QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
Full Time Salary Position
Days – 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. OR 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday
A hands-on problem solver that proactively reduces process variation, monitors quality concerns and initiates continuous improvements through various quality assurance and lean manufacturing methods. The successful candidate will assist in product launches, help solve supplier quality concerns, lead operations product training, initiate BIFMA testing and drive the quality culture to achieve the highest quality products for our customers. Must have high energy, be amazing at multi-tasking and communicative with multiple disciplines and departments. Our core products include Commercial Office Seating and Lounge Seating Furniture.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Knowledge and application of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of the quality engineering profession (e.g. ASQ certified Quality Engineer Body of Knowledge), and shop floor focused. Able to communicate and apply concepts and help others with understanding them.
• Apply data analysis and analytical ability to work on the most pertinent business issues using 9-Discipline (8D + Safety) Methodology to drive corrective actions and permanent resolution.
• Drive quality through use of flow charts, FMEAs, control plans, and value stream mapping.
• Develop technical solutions to a variety of problems of varying scope and complexity.
• Read and interpret engineering drawings with the ability to accurately measure product.
• Conduct capability studies on critical processes and apply statistical process control.
• Apply originality and ingenuity to improvement practices and procedures.
• Interface with multiple functions within the company and with associates of all levels of management / technical ability and lead teams that drive quality improvement.
• Utilize project management skills to initiate and lead improvements of a tactical nature.
• Knowledge of product testing requirements, product development cycle, and critical processes (Welding, Stamping, Tube bending, Painting, Adhesion, and Fabric Cutting, Sewing & Upholstery an asset.)
• Interface with other segments of the order fulfillment process.
• Proactively develop our partner supply base, local and overseas suppliers.
• Develop quality in process and periodic testing to ensure products continuously meet company and BIFMA standards requirements. Assist with all regulatory adherence, ISO, TSSA, UL, etc.
• Note, there are opportunities for growth within our QA department and through out the organization as a technical expert or to develop into a leadership role!