Please include your salary expectations with application.
forward application to: email@example.com
The Quality Assurance Manager provides necessary definition, development and deployment of quality assurance strategy, addressing all phases of product manufacturing including raw materials. This role manages QA Department and overall expectations pertaining to setting schedules, budgets and resources. Establishes performance standards, procedures, and audit controls in order to meet business requirements, as well as identify and implement process improvements to increase the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of company products/operations. Quality Assurance Manager works closely with Production and Design & Development Teams to ensure successful execution of company’s global goals & objectives.
• Manages Quality Assurance teams of Raw Materials, Fur Inspection; In-line QCs and Finished Goods QC Teams, including setting goals & objectives, performance evaluations and career development activities
• Develops and reviews processes in order to implement improvement, working with interdepartmental and external teams and Suppliers and Vendors.
• Maintains product consistency throughout all the build phases, quality checkpoints and testing.
• Manages and responds to quality assurance issues with related departments in order to find solution with no or minimal impact on quality, cost and/or delivery.
• Develops and manages quality assurance metrics of contractor and supplier performances; develops corrective action plans and monitors improvements.
• Has ownership of “Quality Assurance Guide” and manages its updates and distribution.
• Ensure proactive in-house and field audits to guarantee production quality consistency & protection of delivery windows
• Continuous cross departmental support to Manufacturing, Product Development/ Product Engineering, Sales, Customer Service and Marketing
• Provide leadership developing and directing QA and quality improvement initiatives for all company products and services.
• Monitors QA systems and advises executive team on overall quality achievements & performances; potential issues and publishes statistics regarding performance against set goals.
• Partners with Product Development/Product Engineering Teams to maintain high construction quality standards of all products.
• Create and maintain QA control documentation.
• Identify relevant QA training needs and opportunities.
• Maintain a constant awareness of company profitability, including budgetary control issues.
• Must have 8-10 years of Quality Assurance experience in the Apparel Manufacturing industry
• Post-Secondary degree in Fashion, Pattern Making or Textile Technology
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Technical Outerwear knowledge and hand’s on production experience a requirement
• Must be analytical, strategic and creative problem solving
• Able to interface directly with cross-functional teams.
• Ability to create and review technical documentation, including project plans, test procedures, and design documents
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong MS Office ( Including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Able to develop, review, and maintain metrics and quality audits.
• Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
• Other responsibilities as required