The Opportunity: Production Supervisor
Salary: 45-58K + Benefits
Experience: 3-5 years industry related production environment experience
Ability to speak Mandarin is considered a very strong asset for this position.
Tony Curtis & Associates Inc. is currently interviewing for the position of Production Supervisor. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership qualities and be able to lead by example. If you\'re the right person for this role, then you are very familiar with the manufacturing environment and have excellent interpersonal skills. You work well within a team and are a fair and effective communicator. You have a supervisory background coupled with solid skills and abilities to lead and supervise up to 30 sewing operators. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you immediately.
About our client: A well established family-owned apparel manufacturer in the heart of Toronto with a keen eye for talented individuals who bring skills and experience to a collaborative culture of performance and innovation. Pride in craft, proven performance, and cutting-edge techniques offering the highest quality products to diverse clients has made our client an Industry Leader in garment manufacturing.
While Tony Curtis & Associates thanks all applicants in advance, only those legally permitted to work in Canada can be considered.
· Develop calendar deadlines to ensure products are delivered on time.
· Develop strong relationships with contractors and suppliers to plan and control item costs and expedite finished goods.
· Visit and contact new suppliers to improve processes where needed.
· Ensure the final product meets intended aesthetics, function, and quality goals.
· Understand brand fabrics, trims, and construction.
· Prepare technical and cut sheets.
· Monitor fabric and notion sourcing, as well as product development.
· Create production timelines and manage the flow of fabric and notions throughout the production process.
· Manage fabric inventory.
· Continually follow up with contractors and fabric and notion suppliers.
· Resolve any delivery or material issues impacting production.
· Supervises cost negotiation to ensure best possible prices are achieved, and product is produced in the most economical way.
· Sampling process management to ensure product development is delivered on time and to standard by way of quality control, alterations, and fittings.
· During peak periods, may be tasked with pressing and cutting.
· 3-5 years’ experience working with in-house manufacturing floor operators and local contractors.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Ability to evaluate aesthetic quality with a critical eye for detail.
· Understanding of industry lead times and competence to create realistic timelines.
· Ability to accept and meet critical deadlines with excellent planning and organization skills.
· Resourcefulness to anticipate problems, offer solutions, ask the right questions, and address issues to meet aesthetic goals and financial targets.
· Strong sense of urgency, motivation, persistence, and capability to take initiative.
· Able to work in a fast paced and challenging environment and meet deadlines.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be highly organized, motivated, proactive and a team player.
· Ability to speak Mandarin is a preferred asset for this role.
This position could lead to more senior roles in Managing production staff and processes within 2+ years.