Graphic Designer/Packaging- this is a more technical role; a bit of creative and need to have an eye and enthusiasm for packaging, technical specs and slightly routine tasks.
• Creating detailed specifications so vendors can execute packaging quickly, efficiently and within budget.
• Creating the most attractive and effective packaging possible within budgetary and time constraints
• Ensuring the packaging meets our quality standards. (e.g. paper, color, construction)
• Ensuring packaging meets the requirements of Canadian and U.S. law (e.g. item description, type size, warnings, stuffed article labels, tracking labels, ingredient lists) and passes testing
• Ensuring packaging meets the needs of the merchandiser (e.g. dimensions, ability to hang or sit on shelf or be displayed in a PDQ, barcodes)
• Writing effective packaging copy to give the consumer relevant information about the product.
• Finding creative solutions to best display merchandise without damaging it or allowing it to be stolen
• Coordinating French translations to meet Canadian packaging standards
• Researching competitor’s packaging. Researching trends in printing and materials