1. Create new patterns on the Lectra System (preferred) computer. Liaises with Designer, Garment Technician and Sample Makers to execute design the best possible way to utilize raw materials/fabric.
2. Ensures that patterns are checked and corrected on the computer after fitting according to requests and Danier Standards. Completes pattern and design changes on the computer.
3. Overviews fittings as required.
4. Ensures patterns are graded according to company standards design and proportion to produce accurate, complete patterns for sample making and production.
5. Overviews, develops and maintains design style sheets and records.
6. Supervises the ongoing development and maintenance of patternmaking standards and blocks.
7. Ensures ongoing development of patternmaker’s skills and knowledge to increase productivity annually.
8. Follows up on all deadlines to ensure timely task completion.
9. Provide assistance and guidance to sample sewers and production personnel.
10. Completes other tasks and assignments as required by management and complies with company policies and procedures.
• Equivalent of a post-secondary diploma/degree in a fashion-related discipline combined with 2-3 years’ related work experience preferably in a computerized pattern making environment.
• Previous work experience with bridal or outwear, uniforms and fire retardant materials asset
• Demonstrated leadership abilities and supervisory skills
• Thorough knowledge of PAD, Gerber, Lectra, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Fluent, clear oral and written English communication skills are essential
• Strong sense of urgency with high attention to detail and accuracy
• “Can do” positive, upbeat attitude and willingness to co-operate and assist other team members
• Outstanding organizational skills with ability to set and adjust to changing priorities, multi task and perform under deadline pressures in a fast-paced environment
• Reliable, responsible individual with strong work ethic, friendly attitude and willingness to learn
• Availability to work extended and weekend hours to achieve deadlines