The PLM Specialist is responsible for the day to day operations of the PLM system, providing the Design and Merchandising team as well as cross functionally with expert knowledge, troubleshooting and system support.
• Communicates with software vendor about the system and how it is working.
• Governs the PLM ticket portal.
• Provides the department with accurate information about PLM data and processes.
• Mocks up and creates specs for any new modification or enhancement to the software.
• Tests system to ensure new software modifications and system updates work correctly.
• Validates data integrity between PLM and AX.
• Troubleshoots process, system and data issues in the Design and Merchandise department.
• Assigns/follow-ups on projects assigned to the PLM coordinator.
• Acts as a cross department resource regarding BOM and item specifications and creation.
• Works closely with the Product Operations Senior Manager on specific PLM projects.
• Other duties are required
Experience, Education and Designations:
• 3 - 5 years’ experience in apparel development and manufacturing
• 2 – 3 years‘ experience with outerwear garments
• College Degree or Diploma in apparel design and manufacturing is an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
• High level of knowledge regarding PLM system capabilities.
• Very detail oriented, ability to concentrate for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work independently, with little supervision and problem solve effectively.
• Computer literate - Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint) to Intermediate level. Experience with Adobe Illustrator and Acrobat.
• Should be organized, a team player and multi task oriented.
• Effective communication & interpersonal skills required to build relationships across the business and with vendors and to communicate ideas and solutions effectively.
• Consistently exhibits clients\' values: taking pride in being innovative, respectful, passionate, accountable, and entrepreneurial while exhibiting personal commitment.
• Office environment
• Overtime when needed