Marketing is about Community, driving brand awareness with Purpose, Authenticity, and Integrity, and exceeding consumer expectations through product performance excellence. We’re looking for an experienced and versatile marketing manager who is interested in making an impact, ready to approach the industry with a unique perspective through disruptive campaigns, all while managing and inspiring a team. They will be comfortable with day-to-day marketing activities, as well as long-term strategy, thriving with tight deadlines and changing needs. If you are a people-person who loves the rewarding challenge of building a brand, we want to hear from you.
About the Role:
Reporting directly to the Vice President of the brand, this role oversees all international marketing from a business-to-business perspective, managing external business relationships and public relations teams, as well as internal marketing team members.
In addition to departmental administration, this role relies on the ability to multi-task. Managing and fostering all business relationships externally, with consistent cross functional work internally; collaborating daily with members of logistics, operations, e-commerce, sales, production, design, and accounting. Responsible for promotion of the brand to new and existing customers and maintaining strong public relations and brand image to maximize seasonal profit targets.
• Establish positioning, identify target audiences, and develop marketing plans with specific objectives across different channels and segments
• Lead the execution of marketing programs from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration
• Analyze customer insights, consumer trends, market analysis, and marketing best practices to build successful strategies
• Create, maintain, and conduct analytics reporting across multiple platforms and extract key insights for future campaign development and go-to-market strategies, complete with formal proposals and recommendations on tactics
• Seasonal Planning: In collaboration with Brand Manager, develop cyclical seasonal marketing plans with corresponding budgets biannually for Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer development, presenting to Vice President and team for consideration and approval
• Wholesale/Retail Marketing: Establish seasonal retail requirements and needs with International Sales Manager and North American Sales Manager for specific retailers regarding promotional product and marketing materials, including negotiation of co-op marketing plans. Coordination of samples and assets for editorial or e-comm photoshoots for specific retailers, as well as and in-store installations, displays, windows, etc.
• Brand Partnerships/Sponsorships: Oversee all sponsorships and brand partnerships, managing contract development and negotiation alongside the Vice President, maintaining relationships throughout duration, and working with all teams to be sure all contractual obligations are fulfilled and within scope- including budgets, payments, and asset deliverables.
• Budget Development: Build and present work back budgets from a high-level seasonal overview for approval, allocating marketing budgets to international markets based on sales performance and projections, and established marketing goals and objectives for each territory.
• Tradeshows/ Events: Participate in the planning and execution of the annual Fall/Winter sales meeting and international tradeshows in conjunction with the International and North American sales managers, including sample management.
• Public Relations: Establish positive public relations through daily management of international PR teams, managing seasonal plans and communications, organization of press days and previews, sample shipping, product placement, and editor/influencer seeding
• Product Management: Oversee marketing products from Seasonal marketing buy to international allocation, to managing the distribution of goods in season.
• Media and Advertising: In partnership with Brand Manager, request proposals for seasonal media and advertising agencies for target amplification of campaigns within pre-determined budget and scope, negotiating contracts to completion.
• Departmental Administration: Responsible for the development and management of budget, handle necessary approvals and submission of invoices and contracts to accounting. Oversee the submission of all marketing orders throughout “order lifecycle” to ensure orders are shipped, tracked, and closed.
• Market Research: Researching trends and new marketing opportunities, and brainstorming ideas and target customer persona development
Having three to five years of experience in the field of marketing, sales, or public relations. A bachelor\'s degree in management, business administration, marketing, or fashion marketing management an asset. Proven experience in growth marketing and leadership required.