A leader in the home textiles industry and its beginnings date back to 1895.
That year, two brothers emigrated to Canada in hopes of getting rich in the Yukon Gold Rush. To pay for their trip out west they bought and then sold various dry goods door-to-door and quickly made a tidy profit. They then decided to start a company based in Toronto rather than chasing gold.
This entrepreneurial spirit continues with the 4th generation family-owned and operated business, celebrating our 124th anniversary this year!
Our client has a strong team of passionate professionals that design and build products in our Toronto offices while sourcing from the best overseas manufacturers. Our products are conceived using clean and stylish designs, smart features and with intelligent merchandising in mind. We also build to suit our customer’s exacting specifications and our logistics team ensures the best in-stock rates in the industry.
We operate under the belief that the enduring values of great design, quality materials and attention to detail make for good products and good business.
Our client is looking for a fantastic Sales Support and Customer Service Representative to join their team.
The ideal candidate has experience working in a fast-paced environment, is customer focused and who can stick handle their way around multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally.
The position will require direct communication with company executives, customers, sales personnel and manufacturers.
Being tech-savvy with good use of technology to help in all areas mentioned below (possibly) SEO and general marketing as well.
• Prepare all quotes (with complete item details/specs per SKU/photos)
• Able to draw traffic to online store by optimizing SEO.
• Send monthly updated quotes to all sales reps , small accounts.
• Some direct sales primarily via telephone and email.
• Review orders - pricing /stock/ delivery info, etc.)
• Status of sales order - update the sales team or their clients
• Managing the correspondence between the sales team and their clients (accounts)
• Arrange samples - requested by customers / Sales reps
• Trade show coordinator (products/preparation for the show)
• Review retail packaging prior to production.
• Re-handling Projects (communicate and coordinate with internal departments).
• Maintain showroom samples.
• Take part in team update meetings
• Critical administrative and sales support ensuring all service delivery standards are met
• Complete order management, including data entry, procurement, expediting, updating information in business system and status reports, obtaining and storing correspondence and documentation
• Handling incoming calls and emails with inquiries from customers with confidence and accuracy
• Promptly satisfying customer service queries with efficiency and professionalism
• Minimum 2 year of inside sales, marketing and communications experience, preferably in a business-to-business environment
• Office Administration experience
• Sales analyst knowledge & experience working with retail vendor portals.
• Experience with Instagram, Amazon, Google Analytics, Facebook, etc a bonus.
• Knowledge of Amazon Marketplace an asset.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Powerpoint / Excel / WORD) to help develop presentations and quotes purposes
• Solid organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable to a changing sales environment
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Works well under pressure: ability to prioritize, multi-task and perform in a deadline-oriented environment
• Self-starter, independent and proactive, who will show initiative and bring forward new ideas to the team