Repairs defective equipment in the Manufacturing and Distribution Departments, Inspects drives, motors and belts, checks fluid levels on sewing equipment.
Performs other maintenance actions following equipment preventative maintenance checklists.
Performs scheduled preventive maintenance to ensure that equipment continues to run smoothly (i. e. Boilers, Compressors, Garment Press Tunnel).
Performs inspection of buildings to determine need of internal or external service.
Assembles, installs and or repairs basic wiring, electrical and electronic systems (light fixtures, HVAC filters), plumbing and machinery equipment.
Diagnoses mechanical problems and determines how to correct using blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as needed.
Records maintenance and repair work performed.
Maintains inventory of parts and equipment in computer system.
Operates welding equipment as needed.
Communicates with supervisors and operators to service equipment.
Participates as a member of the Health and Safety Committee, Manufacturing Support Team and Action Committee.
• Equivalent of College degree in a Maintenance-related field and/or 5 years of experience in Manufacturing facility REQUIRED exp on all brands of industrial sewing machines for apparel
• Knowledge of Industrial sewing machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair and maintenance, knowledge of property maintenance an asset
• Previous knowledge/training in WHMIS
• Punctual, reliable and possesses a good work ethic
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Able to work independently with the ability to recognize opportunities to assist fellow team members, adaptable, positive and flexible to change
• Ability to listen and understand information and ideas presented and to communicate clearly at different levels of organization to achieve results
• Availability to work extended hours, as necessary to meet deadlines