The Key Account Administrator (KAA) is responsible for the account management process and acting as the liaison between customers, sales, marketing, product development and other internal departments to ensure our clients actions are consistent with the customer’s timelines and requirements.
Without restricting the generality of the above-stated basic functions, this position shall perform such duties and responsibilities as may be assigned including but not restricted to the following:
Sales Process Management
• Manage new customer set-up including contract administration and management.
• Know agreed-to Terms and Conditions and ensure Purchase Orders are consistent with these Terms and Conditions
• Create, maintain and communicate customer forecasts to ensure exception order fulfilment.
• Customize general sales presentations to be specific for customers’ brands and needs under guidance from Sales Management and Marketing
• Review POs for accuracy; know delivery timing and escalate issues if needed
• Assist in the implementation of marketing programs through sales presentations, copywriting, packaging review, customer set-up sheets and website support.
• Proofread all relevant customer marketing materials
• Collect POS data and conduct analysis in order to provide recommendations on next steps
• Coordinate and collaborate with Product Development Team to ensure company capabilities are aligned with customers’ product needs
• Coordinate and collaborate with Product Development and Art Teams to meet customer requirements for product, packaging and copy/print Designs
• coordinate customers’ testing and auditing requirements with Product Management Team
• Coordinate and communicate customer quotes
• Input and manage technical specifications and product/vendor registrations on timely basis
• Maintain and publish work back schedule for customer programs and communicate timeline requirements to the organization.
• Maintain account calendars to meet planogram and buying needs
• Track timing issues and escalate to senior management when required
• Provide routine follow up to customers regarding their expectations
General Account Management:
• Know how the customer positions their brand to consumers and recommend additions or changes to our portfolio
• Maintain/Setup Customer information on retailer Portal
• Maintain customer files (presentations, pricing, setup sheets, packaging requirements, competitive reviews, etc) in logical and up-to-date manner
• Provide status reports to management on overall sales and marketing activities. Prepare and present account reviews
• Oversee resolution of customer-complaints
Qualifications / Skills Required
• BA degree with a minimum of five years’ relevant experience
• Experience working in a Consumer Packaged Goods environment
• Experience with major US and Canadian retailers
• A strong bias for communicating in a prompt, succinct and professional manner with a strong appreciation of the importance of building customer relationships and listening to their needs
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Advanced spreadsheet and presentation skills
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy and organizational skills
• Proficient MS Windows suite of software Retail Link and other software required