Iconic, global brands, inspiring children at play, engaged and talented employees, endless possibilities. We understand that creating the world’s most beloved brands requires more than just having the world’s greatest toys. Our Consumer Products Design team specializes in extending our brands through all categories of licensed products, including apparel, accessories, sporting goods, home and more.
The ideal candidate will come in and hit the ground running with strong creative support on everything related to style and guide implementation across all of our brands. Collaboration with cross-functional business, marketing and toy teams is essential and will require this designer be receptive to constructive input throughout the process. A positive attitude,
Conduct approvals for products, packaging and marketing assets across all brands for Canada
Develop creative design and execution for all licensed categories and products, across all brands in Canada.
Train and direct licensees to ensure consistency across all Creative.
In conjunction with Senior Licensing Manager, develop and implement a Country and Brand specific Product Creative strategy by category in Canada, ensuring all local influences & trends are taken into
Lead product development for all licensed product within Canada for all brands.
Ensure product design is competitive for the Canadian market place and will provide retail stand out.
Provide licensees with clear design direction and briefing to ensure a consistent brand message across all product and packaging.
Ensure all current style guides, brand image guides and guidelines are provided to all licensees in a timely fashion
Work collaboratively with Canadian licensees to develop product together, from initial concepts through to final production
Conduct all product, packaging and creative marketing approvals across all brands for Canada, ensuring creative direction is in line with global design strategy
Provide general day to day support for Canada, as and when required (e.g. – presentations etc.)
Develop and maintain positive trusted relationships with key licensees and partners
Conduct regular market audits to ensure the design and execution ofl licensed products remains competitive and on trend.
Travel when required and as budgeted in order to deliver job goals.
Collaborate with internal sales and marketing teams
Preferred Education & Experience:
• Graduate level with a Fashion Design or Product Design degree (or equivalent) or equivalent work experience
• Ideally 2+ years hands-on design experience in a corporate or design environment.
• Experience of designing licensed apparel and experience of working on DTRs preferred.
• Brand management exposure and product development experience would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of all aspects of design and manufacture, artworking for print and originating creative, and have the ability to travel.
• Communication – articulate communicator, build strong relationships, effective influencing of licensees and partners.
• Highly motivated, proactive, determined, dedicated, enthusiastic.
• Excellent organizational & project management skills with ability to multi task and meet deadlines
Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, and Mac OS X