The successful candidate will possess strong garment production knowledge and problem solving abilities that will directly support the Technical Design team. They will communicate design ideas and fit/construction issues to vendors effectively and efficiently, following company timelines and procedures. They will be comfortable working with garment specifications in inches and be able to confidently discuss and pec discrepancies. They will the team in building new styles specifications, processing all pre-production sample comments and maintain existing fits/styles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
** The above is a general outline, other various duties and responsibilities may arise**
1. In the absence of the Technical Design Manager, will guide the team to plan and execute all tasks
effectively, and will maintain the work _ow and necessary timelines
2. Will assist the Junior/Intermediate Technical Designers when necessary, providing guidance and advise,
to ensure consist execution of sample comments and evaluation
3. Measure all incoming samples accurately, analyze construction/_t/trims, and comments
clearly on all necessary changes and problems
4. Conduct _t sessions with the Technical Design team and Creative Director
5. Maintain clear and concise communication with all vendors and Company offices
6. Maintain all departments records, charts and samples
7. Sketch new design and/or edit design details on existing sketches
8. May assist the team on various other duties that may include but are not limited to: photoshoots, office parcel shipping and receiving, etc.
parcel shipping and receiving, etc...
1. Graduate of college/university Fashion Design program
2. 3 - 5 years’ experience
3. Proficient on Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Excel/Word/Outlook on a Mac platform
4. Strong understanding of pattern drafting, draping and production quality construction
methods (able to sew and or draft if required).
5. Ability to identify and articulate fit and styling issues
6. Ability to critically think about a styles successes and failures and make suggestions for improvements
7. Strong organization and time management skills.
8. Great sense of style and keen eye for colours and details a bonus
9. Highly motivated individual who is a self starter