We are creating the world’s first textile computing platform. We’re integrating technology directly into one of the few things we have contact with our entire lives - textiles. Our textiles are wearable, washable, will charge wirelessly and will be loaded with invisible technology, resulting in zero habit change. The sensors and actuators embedded within our clothing create what we call Digital Identity, creating a true interface between the humans and other humans, tools, IT and the environment. Our client will enable your digital identity to be consumed by yourself, your doctor, coach, other IoT devices, your family members, etc.
We’re looking for people who believe in our mission to make wearable technology truly ubiquitous and convenient, so that everyone can benefit from it. We are a cross-functional team solving big challenges at the intersection of fashion, electronics, software, and data science.
We design, develop and manufacture clothes that can transition from simple to smart, from dark to light, from cold to heated.
We live, design, fit and test in Toronto Canada. We are committed to a culture of transformational development. We are more than just a technically functional textile and emerging technology company – we are revolutionizing the garment and textile industry.
You’re excited at the prospect of playing a pivotal role by working closely with the production and design team. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty by doing some hands-on work, but you’re also a strategic thinker with insight and creativity. You’re excited at the prospect of working on a new brand and cementing it as leader in the wearable technology space. Lastly, you enjoy being part of small teams that make a big impact and that’s the reason being at a startup is the right place for you.
• Has a strong understanding of SHIMA SEIKI hardware, software and know-how, so they can take advantage of our products to the highest degree possible.
• Understands and can apply Knit patterns such as intarsia, structure and jacquard can be created. Has a strong variety of skills with 3D modeling, 3D Fitting, 3D Mapping and Item Coordination.
• Drive the key yarn selection, develop innovative concepts and techniques to ensure quality of production goals.
• Work in partnership with our design team, pattern engineers, and fit specialist to research | develop trends in different types of yarn and knitting structures to capture maximum functionality, both passively and technically, to sustain our goal of invisible, seamless technology.
• Furthermore be an integral piece in driving vision as the trend leader in the Wearable Tech | Computing Textile space implementing our core principles within every aspect of design and construction.
• Build, inspire and mentor a strong and unique team focused on creating innovative, brand-right, trend-right and inspiring wearable tech apparel across end-uses.
• University | College degree in textiles required or at least 5 years’ experience in Material Development, Material Testing, or Material Sourcing role.
• Thorough working knowledge and understanding of knits.
• Strong technical understanding with working on and with Shima Seiki knitting machinery.
• Proven experience traveling to and working in mills and factories worldwide in an independent and self-motivated manner.
• Working knowledge of personal computers with experience in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and database systems.
• Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
• Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
• Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
• Ability to maintain a composed and professional demeanor within a flexible work environment.
• Extreme attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people, including those to whom English is a second language.