Position Summary: Reporting to the Senior Merchandiser the incumbent provides administrative and merchandising support for the development of retail goods from initial measuring and fabric testing to purchase order preparation, including inputting and updating related information into the computer system.
Major (Primary) Responsibilities:
1. Inputs and updates information such as sizes, specifications, estimated costing etc., into the computer system from the beginning of each order to ensure timely and accurate information.
2. Prepares purchase orders and enters into the computer system to link and provide related departments with relevant access to facilitate smooth flow of the project to other departments such as accounting, distribution etc.
3. Compiles packing instructions and labelling placement to the producer to ensure consistency and compliance by the producer.
4. Measures and inspects samples according to the technical pack/CAD to ensure the measurements, quality and fabrication are reach set standards prior to and after completion of production. Identifies and relays suspected problems to Senior Merchandisers/Merchandiser.
5. Completes tests on fabrics to identify shrinkage and durability and submits accurate results to the Merchandisers to ensure the fabric and garment is of good quality and meets set standards.
6. Creates files and organizes order specifications (colour, fabric, accessories etc) and all related documents to facilitate easy retrieval of records by the Merchandisers. Coordinates storage of samples to assist in quick retrieval of old samples as required.
7. Prepares and sends couriered packages including documents and samples to customers and producers to ensure all details are received in a timely fashion.
8. Confirms arrivals of shipments and enters details on the computer system to allow the distribution centre time to plan for goods coming in, being stored and reshipped to customers.
Skills: Normal courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are required in dealing with others in every day working relationships. Sound computer skills
Knowledge/Education: High School Graduation Diploma with additional courses in Garment Manufacturing, Textile Knowledge
Experience: More than 1 year, less than 2