Position Summary: Reporting to the Director of Merchandising, PL the incumbent ensures products made overseas meet individual buyers’ specifications and expectations. Co-ordinates fit, fabric, trims and sample approvals and liaises with Buyers and producers to protect production and delivery cycles
Major (Primary) Responsibilities:
1. Communicates and coordinates between the buyers, producers and vendors to verify that specifications and expectations are clear and can be achieved to the buyer’s satisfaction.
2. Prepares production details to ensure a critical path of production is followed, promoting smooth progression of each order. Ensures required approvals are completed on a timely basis and orders are delivered according to allotted time frames.
3. Reviews, evaluates and measures all samples to ensure quality of all products.
4. Measures and inspects samples according to the technical pack/CAD to ensure the measurements, quality and fabrication reach set standards prior to and after completion of production. Identifies and relays suspected problems to Senior Merchandisers/ merchandising supervisor / Director of Merchandising (when applicable) .
5. Completes tests on fabrics to identify shrinkage and durability and submits accurate results to the Merchandisers to ensure the fabric and garment is of good quality and meets set standards. Creates files and organizes order specifications (colour, fabric, accessories etc) and related documents to facilitate easy retrieval of records by the Merchandisers. Coordinates storage of samples to assist in quick retrieval of old samples as required.
6. Prepares and sends courier packages including documents and samples to customers and producers to ensure all details are received in a timely fashion.
7. Confirms arrivals of shipments and enters details on the computer system to allow the distribution centre time to plan for goods coming in, being stored and reshipped to customers.
Skills: Normal courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are required in dealing with others in every day working relationships. Sound computer skills.
Knowledge/Education: High School Graduation Diploma with a two year diploma or certificate course such as Fashion Merchandising, Garment Construction, Textile Knowledge
In the case where the appropriate courses were not taken , extensive work experience in the merchandising role is required.
Experience: More than 3 year, less than 5