Information Technology and Application Specialist
Our client, is a group of apparel and accessories companies that focus on international brand development, product innovation and global distribution. From our premium fashion brand Nobis to our fan wear subsidiary, the client combines innovative designs, high quality, with strong brand equity that we build in each respective market.
Due to growth, the company has an immediate opening for an Information Technology and Application Specialist for their head office based in Markham, Ontario. Reporting to VP Operations, the Application Specialist will be responsible for all aspects of management and functionality of the company’s ERP system.
• Management of the ERP system including managing vendor support of the application.
• Ensure all software applications meet users’ requirements.
• Facilitate any change management processes for all software supporting business users. Oversee and take charge of services and systems upgrade and releases
• Provide and develop information and data reporting necessary to drive business performance
• Provide all necessary user training to enable effective use of ERP and other systems and processes
• Provide a supportive and coordination role in the development, implementation and maintenance of the e-commerce portal
• Oversee and coordinate with Visual on troubleshooting, system backups, archiving and disaster recovery
• Act as main liaison with the company’s third-party IT outsourced provider.
• Manages any small technology/ad hoc projects, including accessing and studying the viability of new systems and solutions.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience managing IT functions including, but not limited to, application support, application development, infrastructure, operations, vendor management and IT processes.
• Experience in data mapping, system upgrading, migration, conversion and implementation.
• Solid experience and in-depth knowledge of all Visual 2000 modules. Other ERP system’s knowledge an asset. Demonstrated ability to work with business users to ensure requirements are met.
• Ability to multi-task over wide arrays of projects.
• Solid analytical and problem solving abilities with a keen attention to detail.
• Enable user groups, through training, to fully and efficiently use all functions in the ERP systems and other PC-based systems and processes developed
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Excellent knowledge of Excel. Model-building and advanced use of spreadsheet software is a requirement.