Our Mississauga based client, a top-tier vendor of home Textiles to major retailers in Canada, is looking for a Director of Sales.
Active connections to retail decision makers and the ability to service, forecast and close opportunities with top level Banners in Canada, are primary requirements of the position.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Canadian President as well as California based parent company Head Office, will bring the required expertise to develop and expand sales for a Quebec based Home Accessory manufacturing facility, as well as Canadian Mills and Imported Home Textile product lines.
TITLE: Director of Sales
TITLE/GRADE OF JOBS SUPERVISED: Demand Planner, Business Executive Coordinator
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: President
Work with pillow merchandise team and factory to execute the sales plan for the Utility Bedding category. Work with the fashion bedding and bath merchandise team to execute the sales plan for those categories. Maximize sales, profitability, product assortment, service and inventory turns of product line to The Account(s).
• Achieve sales target for The Account(s)
• Achieve sales margin plans(s)
• Operate within confines of operating budget
• Review and approve sale forecasts by product SKU monthly or as required
• Communicate to merchandising and the President, market trends and general market intelligence
• Strategize Account program offerings
• Work with P.O.S./retail inventory figures to assist in forecasting and preparation of product performance summaries
• Visit store floors regularly to observe merchandise mix changes, determine threats and opportunities to the business and to update landscapes as needed
• Prepare new product submissions, assortment plans and sales presentations for merchandising and The Account(s)
• Review business status and forecasts with The Account(s) – monthly, quarterly, annually as needed
• Prepare annual sales and margin budgets
• Assist credit department with problem collections
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Direct responsibility for one/two Planner position(s) and one Business Execution Coordinator.
2. Monitors continuously and evaluates monthly (or as necessary) the performance of all retail sales in relation to:
Programs aimed at achieving sales and margin objectives
Maximization of customers’ assets on the retail floor
3. Forecasting and the subsequent age and quality of on-hand inventory