Please call Howard @ 416 224 0500 directly to discuss this position.
Our team is looking for an organized, energetic Graphic Designer with strong creative & artistic ability. The responsibilities are as follows:
• Provide support to the Marketing team
• Manage design projects from concept through production to pre-press
• Oversee all packaging related duties
• Create artwork that meets publication technical requirements such as proofs and file formats
• Develop mockups and storyboards for presentations
• Be familiar with various printing and design options to keep printing costs to a minimum
• Maintain print production library
• Obtain and maintain image files from various sources including vendors, image banks, etc.
• Manage all photography requirements including off-site photo shoots and in-house photography and editing
• Source creative options, ideas for potential marketing pieces
• Proofread all content of marketing materials to help ensure accuracy
• Miscellaneous design layouts and in-house projects as they arise
To qualify as a successful candidate, you will have:
• Post secondary education in a related field
• Work experience in a print production or pre-press environment would be preferred
• Expert knowledge of Macintosh OSX including but not limited to Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Professional work ethic
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Experience in creating/designing brochures, sell sheets, POP displays /plan-o-grams etc.
• Ability to work well within a team and with printers, copywriters, photographers, other designers and marketing specialists