Product Developer / Tradeshow Coordinator
Responsibilities for Product Development:
- Develops product ranges through the complete lifecycle, from conception through production.
- Communicates daily with overseas vendors to facilitate sampling and production.
- Creates artwork and technical specs for each product.
- Creates sample mock-ups when needed for presentations.
- Follows brand style guides when developing licensed and private label products.
- Regularly performs market research online and in-stores to stay on trend and search for new competitive items.
- Prepares and presents colour and trend design boards for buyers when required.
- Understands product costing and how to tier product ranges to fit into appropriate retailers and price points.
- Works with buyers to develop private label collections.
- Prepares planograms for retailers, to show how our products will be best merchandised in stores to maximize use of space.
- Works with Sales Analyst to prepare listing forms for retailers.
- Creates romance copy and provides product descriptions, specs, and benefits for e-commerce.
- Manages packaging development for each product while ensuing brand standards and government regulations are applied.
- Provides instruction for care / content and stuffing labels to be executed by Packaging Designer.
- Works with Packaging Designer to determine folding methods for each product.
- Works with Packaging Designer to develop PDQ display units when required.
- Responsible for reviewing and approve products including packaging, before production.
- Creates brand and product presentations / catalogues to be used as sales support materials.
Responsibilities for Tradeshow Coordinator:
- Designs visual concept for tradeshow booth, including layout for fixtures in a space plan.
- Sources furniture / props to be used within the show booth.
- Works with specialized tradeshow builder to execute the design.
- Works with Office Coordinator to prepare packing list for customs shipping documents, and arrange shipping of samples and props to the show location.
- Manages the building and merchandising of the tradeshow on site.
- Creates artwork for banners, print advertising, and e-blast invitations for the shows.
- Post -Secondary degree or diploma in Design or Product Development.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Product Development.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Detail oriented.
- Keen eye for colour and design.
- Self-motivated team player.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Proficient with Mac and PC platforms.
- Knowledge of federal requirements for labelling and testing in Canada and U.S.A.
- Knowledge of textiles and washing / care instructions.
- Flexible to work overtime when required.
- French or Spanish language is a bonus.
- Experience in organizing tradeshows is a bonus.