The merchant is a valued member of the utility bedding team with key responsibilities in the execution of
confirmed programs. He/she supports the director of utility bedding in all business aspects related to achieving the
He/she is directly responsible for the accuracy of product quotes, costing and the critical path for all new utility bedding programs.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES: (Assets affected, authority to act, etc.)
Ensure on time delivery and product meets all testing requirements prior to shipping
He/she must be very diligent and exceptionally organized to meet the high level of detail required during product execution,
including the administration and organization of the pertinent specifications and documents.
He/she must be a team player that can work well with all levels of an organization, internal and external, and is able to adapt to
1. Working closely with the sales team and director of utility, the merchant is responsible for preparing the RFQ
(Request for Quote) for both Overseas and domestically produced goods. He/she must ensure that all product
specifications and packaging details are clearly defined.
2. The merchant prepares all cost sheets (and account planner spec sheets) and updates them with any
subsequent changes (except for Walmart).
3. The merchant sets up and accurately maintains the Sku Master in Magic for all accounts by gathering: costs, pack size,
product weight, dimensions, retail price ticketing needs, branding, cost types, marketing types, royalties and any
other product specification requirements.
4. The merchant is responsible for the issuance of factory purchase orders for: imported utility goods and any manual orders.
He/she is responsible for clearly communicating to our domestic manufacturing partner all critical dates including purchase order
deadlines and all related information of the product.
5. The merchant must maintain the critical path/time & action calendar for all programs from inception through launch date.
He/she is responsible for following up on all related dates within the calendar to ensure that all dates are met including: the logging
and tracking of product and packaging deliverables; product approvals; labels; artwork; testing; all samples and factory audits.
6. The merchant is responsible for the organization and administration of the related files stored on the shared network:
spec sheets; schematics; quotes; testing; inspection; factory forms; audits; care/law & UPC labels; carton labels & packaging artwork.
7. The merchant is responsible for accurately approving/ commenting on: schematics from spec sheet; measuring technical
samples; measuring PP samples: measuring production samples, as well as UPC scanning verification and carton label approval.
In addition, he/she is responsible for proofing & ensuring care labels, law labels and all packaging artwork are correct, and adheres
to all labelling laws.
8. Other duties and responsibilities related to the support of the Utility bedding department include (but not limited to): preparing
showroom with samples (request & organization of receiving them); visuals for meetings; organization of the sample room; preparing
the minutes for dept. meetings; consumer complaints related to product quality; sending out samples; and logging and
tracking domestic and international packages.
Extremely accurate & attention to detail
Advanced computer skills (Excel: Vlookups, Pivot tables etc, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint)
University/college education or equivalent experience
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Highly motivated, solution-oriented team player, flexible, adaptable
2-5 years of related work experience