Are you passionate about the sports industry, and want to put that passion to work? Are you looking for an opportunity to impact the effectiveness of the full-cycle sourcing function for a Company and accelerate the growth of one of Canada’s leading brands of sports and fan-based apparel? If so, we would love to speak with you about a role in our Sourcing team.
As a leader on the Sourcing team, you will be responsible for providing operational leadership to your team members. This includes developing and executing new procurement strategies to deliver on the finance and sales’ operational plans, coaching procurement specialists on apparel development and creative sourcing avenues, building and delivering on quality requirements for the team, vendor management and maintaining the sourcing process. Sounds exciting, right?
Why join the company? Some of our perks include:
• An extensive benefits package that includes health, dental and vision.
• Company-sponsored events
• Internal advancement opportunities
• Great personal and family discounts on apparel
• Conveniently located off of major highways (Highway 7 and 404)
• Our dress code is casual.
Here are some of the things you will be responsible for
1. Managing the Sourcing and Merchandising Team – this includes an Apparel Development Team based in Toronto and a Production and Sourcing Team based in China.
2. Leading the sourcing function from the China Vendors as well as out of China Vendors.
4. Collaborating with the Product Design Team to source and merchandise the product collection for Accolade Group’s line of product offerings.
5. Managing the full-cycle sourcing process – From factory selection, product technical specifications, product costing, sample development to bulk production to delivery, you will be in charge of it all!
6. Building and maintaining strong relationships with our overseas vendors
7. Leading the Sourcing Team in creative problem solving, sourcing products that meet the quality requirements of the Product Team and the price targets of the Finance team.
8. Leading the China / Out of China Production and Sourcing team in developing creative solutions for resolving technical problems as well as production problems.
1. 8-10 years’ experience in garment textile sourcing as well as formal educational background in textiles and garment production.
2. Track record of managing effective technical and merchandising teams.
3. Good technical knowledge of textile and garment production.
4. Strong collaborative problem solving skills.
5. Good communication skills. Fluency in Chinese Mandarin is required.
6. Valid passport holder with the ability to travel to China at least twice per year.
We have a vibrant culture of brilliant people who are innovators, and thinkers. We believe in defying the status quo and we want smart people like you to join us. We are proud to have a quickly growing, diverse team, that’s motivated to be a part of a company that is changing the face of apparel.