JOB PURPOSE & CRITICAL RESULTS
The Customer Service Centre (CSC) Process Leader has primary responsibility for the formulation and execution of quarterly objectives resulting in the attainment of Customer Service Targets. Process Leaders are accountable for facilitation of their teams to ensure production flow results in the continuous improvement in key performance indicators including; on-time delivery, order completeness, quality, and cost/unit within a unionized environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Participate in building a relationship with the Union by ensuring compliance to contractual agreements through regular discussions with Union Executives, participation and contribution to negotiations strategy, efforts to avoid labour and service disruptions, maintain employee morale / engagement and manage labour costs.
• Coordinate activities of the Joint Health and Safety Committee. Ensure all current Occupational Health and Safety legislation, policies and procedures are communicated and followed, including the completion of accident investigations, taking appropriate corrective action.
• Research new equipment, processes and methods to recommend changes that result in improved warehouse operations and maximize cost savings opportunities.
• Execute departmental area budgets for operation and transportation expenses and capital expenditures. Utilize appropriate controls to ensure that this budget is adhered to. Manage labour, carrier/courier and resource costs to plan.
• Supervise, coach and develop CSC warehouse / salary employees to ensure that each area operates efficiently to achieve Customer Service targets. Ensures that resource deployment is optimized to ensure distribution goals are consistently met.
• Plan to address volatile, fluctuating, volumes and complexities of customer requirements including management of accessories and ecommerce orders.
• Ensuring compliance to the Collective Agreement.
Manage and guide inventory control practices to ensure integrity of the Company’s physical and
computer inventory records, inventory accuracy, and protection of company assets.
• Work collaboratively with other CSC Departments and RH to further joint objectives (i.e. Retail Service, Finance, HR, Quality and PPS).
• Administration of company policies and procedures such as vacation requests, payroll action forms, payroll, etc.
• Execute other tasks, duties, and special projects as defined by Operations Manager.
• University/College degree in Business Logistics Management, Materials Management or other related fields or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
• 3 - 5 years experience in supervising work teams (unionized) in an automated warehousing and distribution environment.
• Requires expertise in distribution and has demonstrated knowledge of inventory control.
• Has working experience on mainframe computer systems (AS400) and operating in an MS-office environment.
• Must thrive under pressure and respond with decorum and composure when effectively handling varied and urgent issues.
• First Aid and CPR Certificate
• H&S certification.
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
• Leadership, planning, self-motivated, managerial courage, and customer focused.