Summary of Position:
The Domestic Production Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the activities of all outside vendors, coordinating sample and production schedules, inventory management for raw materials and scheduling (offsite production & samples)
• Oversee the daily activities of all contractors in their section or sections that they have been assigned to
• Responsible for monitoring the production schedule and producing the current schedule on-time and to the required quality levels
• Ability to address both production and quality issues accordingly in conjunction with production requirements
• Responsible for monitoring vendor performance
• Experience in supervising overseeing and traveling to outside contractors in a high-end apparel manufacturing facility set-up with multi style and quality production ability.
• Must be able to deal effectively with diverse group of contractors.
• Must be familiar with manufacturing techniques and knowledge of concepts related to apparel manufacturing.
• Must be familiar with equipment used in the apparel industry (cutting, sewing and finishing equipment) including use of basic, semi automatic and automatic machines.
• Must have knowledge of Quality Assurance Systems and Inventory Management Systems.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, operate proactively, work as a team and handle challenges.
• Excellent common sense, decision-making abilities, interpersonal and analytical skills.
• Ability to evaluate options and generate solutions.
• Confident, articulate, organized, detail oriented, goal oriented, self-motivated and hard working.
Must be familiar with computers and business software such as MS Office, Excel, Word, Outlook
Visual 2000 preferred
• Complies with company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge and experience with Health and Safety programs is an asset.
• Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by management
• A vehicle is required for this position