1. Coordinates the activities of production teams to achieve Manufacturing Goals.
2. Schedules and coordinates the work and activities of others, encouraging teamwork.
3. Coordinates the activities of employees engaged in all operations within a cell to maintain flexibility of team members.
4. Plans and develops introduction of new products to flow manufacturing.
5. Reads and analyzes work orders, production schedules, reports, in order to evaluate current production outputs.
6. Calculates labour and equipment requirements based on studies provided by Industrial Engineer.
7. Collaborates with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
8. Assists Supervisor with planning and establishing work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
9. Communicates effectively with employees on specifications, work orders, and procedures.
10. Participates in cross training employees within cell and departments.
11. Collaborates with the Manufacturing Support Team to determine standards, budgets, production goals, and rates based on company policies, equipment availability and workloads.
12. Maintains operations data such as time, production, and cost records for KPI’s in the department.
13. Requisitions materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services for the Production team as required.
14. Performs basic set up, of all related equipment in the department.
15. Demonstrates equipment operations, work and safety procedures to new employees.
16. Monitors processes, materials and output to meet targets.
17. Performs administrative activities as required and follows Health and Safety rules
• College degree or equivalent in Manufacturing Process Field
• 5 plus years of experience in Apparel Manufacturing
• Previous experience with Lean Manufacturing Principles preferred
• Previous hands on work experience in a production manufacturing environment
• Able to interact and communicate with all levels in the organization
• Proven facilitation and leadership skills
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques (lean Manufacturing) for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Knowledge of basic training skills for new employee’s development and success.
• Proficiency using Microsoft office Word, Excel, Power Point.