Design Department Manager
Our client was founded in a college dorm room with an idea; to make better quality
custom clothing. Several years (and millions of prints!) later, we’re changing the industry
by bringing retail quality garments and high end decoration methods to every single
project we take on.
Our super talented team is what makes us unique. We know that our products are only
as good as the people who make them, so we’ve built a business based on the best
people for every job. With decades of experience in production, sewing, printing,
manufacturing, distribution, marketing, and design – the talent of our team bleeds
through every stitch of cotton and every drop of ink.
We are innovative, goal oriented, and are always on the search for energetic and
passionate people who are eager to learn and would like to have the opportunity to
grow with one of Canada\'s fastest growing custom apparel companies.
If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, read on below to find out more
about what we offer and what we’re looking for!
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Approachable management – our management team has an open door policy and
takes the time ensure each associate’s opinions are heard. Every
employee has a voice and a purpose.
• A collaborative team environment – we know that we’re only as good as our team, so
we invest in great people and have worked hard to cultivate a fun work environment.
Team work makes the dream work!
• A chance to get involved in a unique area of the fashion industry – we produce
custom clothing and products for some of the world’s leading brands and retailers. You
can find our products proudly hanging on racks in shopping malls across North America.
(You might even own one of our pieces already and not even know it!)
• Company growth – we’re determined to be the best at what we do and have a plan to
get there. Started from humble beginnings in a college dorm room, and our
passion for quality and creative products helps us grow every single day.
• Individual growth – we’re committed to challenging and developing every single
employee so they achieve their goals and reach their full potential.
• Oversee our internal Design Department; manage and lead a team of graphic designers
and production designers.
• Lead design sessions, internally and with clients, and contribute through creative
concepts and creative output.
• Work closely and collaboratively with the Sales Team to support design needs and adhoc
• Be able to present design solutions to key stakeholders and clients as needed.
• Provide mentorship, supervision, and leadership support to our graphic and production
• Review junior designer’s work and final print production output to ensure quality and
• Interact with all departments to maintain optimum communication between teams in
regards to priorities, timelines, and details.
• 5 to 7 years of experience as a leader in a graphic design environment.
• Hands-on, leadership experience managing a team and cross-functionally coordinating
with team members at an Executive level.
• Ability to lead by example and articulate concepts to the design team.
• A strong portfolio, demonstrating creative thinking and execution of design.
• Knowledge of the latest trends and technologies in design and apparel.
• Proven track record of working from a client brief to deliver high-quality assets.
• The ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and operate in a fast-paced work
• Strong communication skills.
• Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe, etc is assumed.