Our client a leading producer of logo apparel in Canada and is a five-time award winner as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies. We have an energetic and entrepreneurial management team backed with a culture focused on high performance and collaboration so we can revolutionize our industry. Together our team has won numerous industry awards and has two of Canada’s Top 40 Under 40 recipients on the executive team.
We are innovating the logo apparel market here in Canada as well as the US and Europe. We partner with distributors to reach thousands of customers in a variety of industries.
Reporting to the Vice President, Operations, the Decoration Art Director owns the final impact of logo’d apparel. Relying on industry experience and an in depth knowledge of apparel, fabric and art, the Decoration Art Director determines which of our leading and innovative decoration techniques to use on specific garments to create a powerful lasting impression. In this newly created role, the Decoration Art Director will listen and seek to understand our clients’ needs and produce logo’d apparel that excites and inspires. Important facets of this job include knowledge of brand guidelines and design, creativity, a strong sense of ownership and an ability to problem solve.
• Responsible for the outcome of our finished product
• Assist our customers in meeting their branding needs by pairing effective decoration techniques with our innovative styles
• Enhance branding options for our customers by making design recommendations on garment styles, fabrics and colours
• Select garments, logos and decoration techniques to showcase product at trade shows and in our catalogues in collaboration with our Sales and Marketing departments
• Build effective sales sample kits, ensuring the best garments with the best decoration techniques are represented
• Responsible for enhancing our Drop Art book
• Set pricing for logo’d apparel
• Research industry trends to ensure we are current with decoration techniques
• Drive revolutionary results by implementing new and innovative decoration methods which could include multiple hits or techniques
• Other duties as assigned
• Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field
• A minimum of 8 years of industry experience in a production capacity/creative art role
• Excellent project management, organizational, follow up and time management skills
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a team environment where keeping others informed, and anticipating needs is essential
• A passion for creativity and an unwavering commitment to excellence
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to handle multiple priorities with the flexibility to adapt to changing demands and deadlines