1. Strong understanding of current fashion trends as they relate to colour, silhouette, fabric
2. Demonstrated ability and imagination in interpreting fashion trends/design concepts for the contemporary women’s sportswear and outerwear market ,as they relate to brand direction
3. Technical drawing ability: free hand and in Illustrator
4. Ability to develop illustrations from concept sketches/ samples/photos
5. Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, MS office Suite programs
6. Excellent knowledge of garment construction in knitwear and wovens (fabric, hardware, trims)
7. Comprehensive grading knowledge
8. Comprehensive knowledge of Pattern drafting of knit and woven garments
9. Ability to develop detailed spec packages
10. Ability to correctly measure samples for tech packages, showroom samples and pre-production requirements
11. Fitting evaluation and management of fit sessions with fit models in regular and plus sizes
12. Strong written and verbal communication skills with suppliers overseas
13. Good multi tasking and organizational skills, with the ability to identify and follow through on priorities, and meet timelines.
14. Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
15. Strong work ethic and a positive professional attitude
-Work closely with Design Team to understand and execute seasonal product concepts
-Oversee and ensure proper execution of product from initial design direction and technical package to final production
-Development and preparation of detailed technical packages using Adobe CS3 or higher for vendors: specs, diagrams , photos, yarn, fabric and trim specifications
-Oversee production process : quality, fit approval, lab dip approval, etc. to meet production timelines
-Set up and track styles in user friendly program for entire team to use
-Set up and maintain a trim , fabric, yarn knit down library
-Provide technical recommendations to Design team to help with consistency of fit and construction relating to category initiatives.
-Develop and maintain fit standard and consistency within a category and product group, as well as analysis of previous season’s fit , and appropriate changes if required for next season.