Tony Curtis & Associates is currently in search of a Controller for an accessory design company working with major retailers from Bloomingdales to Walmart. The ideal candidate will be well versed in accounting principles with seven plus years of experience who enjoys a hands-on approach with respect to operations and account procedures, and is looking to take the lead in this controller role.
This is currently a Hybrid position - 3 days on site and 2 remote.
• Manage the full cycle accounting functions including, cash management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory and payroll
• Perform month-end closing process and reporting tasks including variance analyses
• Manage year-end compliance reviews and income tax filings
• Annual budgeting and monthly forecast
• Complete government reporting and remittances, including WISB, EHT, HST/GST and income tax
• Manage contracts and ensure reporting and requirements are met
• Maintain IT system and hardware
• Work with other team members to resolve operations issue
• Supervise order processing / customer service to ensure timely and correct billings
• Review and approve purchase order
• HR functions such as hiring, termination and tracking vacation
• Oversee office administration for both Canadian and US office
• Support the formulation and implementation of control systems within the organization.
• Monitor banking activities of the organization and assist in managing banking relationships.
• Perform additional tasks as required by the needs of the company
• Working experience with QuickBooks and ERP system
• Proficient in the use of MS Office
• Exposure to US operations and foreign currency management
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to effectively handle a number of issues simultaneously
• Excellent verbal and communication skills
At Tony Curtis & Associates we thank all applicants, however, only those legally permitted to work in Canada will be contacted.
The So What: