Reports to: Director of Product Development
The successful candidate will possess an understanding of garment construction and fit
that will directly support the Product Development team. They will communciate design ideas and
fit/construction issues to vendors effectively and efficiently, following company timelines and procedures.
They will be comfortable working with garment specifications in inches and be able to confidently
discuss and resolve spec discrepancies. They will assist the team in building new styles specifications,
processing all pre-production sample comments and maintaing existing fits/styles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Measure all incoming samples accurately, analyze construction/fit/trims and comments clearly
on all necessary changes and problems.
2. Conduct fit sessions with the Product Development and Design Teams/Creative Director
3. Maintain clear and concise communication with all vendors and client offices
4. Create style tech packs from scratch; including fabric details, construction requirements, sketches,
and measurement specifications built in Gerber Yunique PLM
5. Sketch new design and/or edit design details on existing sketches
6. May assist the team on various other duties that may include but are not limited to: photoshoots, office
parcel shippig and receiving, etc...
1. Graduate of college/university Fashion Design Program
2. 1-2 years experience
3. Proficient on Abode Illustrator, Microsoft Excel/Word/Outlook on a Mac based platform.
Understanding or knowledge of Gerber PLM platform also an asset.
4. Understanding of pattern drafting, draping and production quality construction methods
(able to sew and draft if required)
5. Ability to identify and articulate fit and styling issues
6. Ability to critically think about a styles successes and failures and make suggestions for improvements
7. Strong organization and time management skills
8. Great sense of style and keen eye for colours and details a bonus
9. Highly motivated individual who is a self starter
**The above is a general outline, other various duties and responsibilities may arise**