The successful candidate will be a highly self-motivated and results-oriented experienced buyer.
This position requires someone who is detail-oriented, can efficiently multi-task, has superior communication skills, and the ability to work and succeed in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have a proven record of purchasing functions and process improvements.
• All sourcing, negotiating and expediting various fabrics to meet cycle demands
• Accountable and responsible for creating and analyzing requests for quotations and processing purchase orders
• Continuously source & develop supply alternatives to reduce costs while maintaining production schedule requirements.
• Work closely with managers and suppliers to well manage inventory levels, lab color tests, coding dye lots, etc.
University/College degree in Merchandising, Business, Marketing or other related fields.
• Minimum 3 years of Merchandising or Buying apparel experience
• Business/Financial acumen - understands impact of product costing and margin requirements.
• Thorough understanding of apparel merchandising
• Thorough understanding and working knowledge of garment construction, fit and fabric.
• Understanding of domestic and off-shore sourcing.
• Good influencing, problem solving and negotiating skills.