The Apparel Designer Manager is primarily accountable for the design of the apparel line. The role collaborates with key stakeholders in design development, costing, and product sampling to ensure garment designs meet current trends and stay within allocated budgets.
• Manage a team of designers to deliver seasonal collections for golf, pro sports and athleisure business units.
• Develop and design new garments for the China and North American apparel lines.
• Search current fashions trends and forecast silhouette, trim, color, and fabric for the coming season while selecting samples from the market to fit into product line.
• Seasonally analyze industry finding gaps and opportunities in offerings and designing items that covers those gaps.
• Create line of various pieces and present line drawing to key stakeholders for feedback and approval.
• Make alterations to product style to align with cost of fabric, trim, and color.
• Work with Sourcing Team to maintain costing guidelines to within planned line requirements.
• Request trim and fabric swatches from vendor before ordering samples, to ensure the garment design is feasible
• Assist with fabric cutting, sewing, and pattern making to send to offshore teams or Sewing Team when clarity is needed for product design
* All other duties as assigned
• VP of Product
• Fit Technicians
• Merchandiser and Sales Coordinator
• Product Manager, International
• Creative Team