1. Updates US and Canadian customer accounts to allocate payments, update credit details and assist in inquiries on delinquent accounts as required.
2. Reconciles credit notes against customer accounts to maximise accuracy and avoid duplication.
3. Assists with the reconciliation of overdue customer accounts by contacting customers, answering inquiries, reissuing of invoices etc. to expedite payments.
4. Investigates, verifies and adjusts for customer claims on defective merchandise, returns or pricing adjustments to resolve disputes and ensure accounting records are up to date.
5. Investigates and responds to customer enquiries to provide supporting documents and/or updating system records such as copies of invoices, pricing up dates, address changes etc. as required.
6. Prepares A/R reports, letters of claim denial and credit notes to highlight and identify action items.
7. Reconciles A/R schedules to detect cash application errors, invoices and/or credits that have not been posted and identify delinquent accounts.
8. Meets with the Credit Manager/ CFO to review disputed accounts and other discrepancies to determine appropriate courses of action.
Skills: Keyboarding, computer skills, problem solving skills, normal courtesy, tact and diplomacy skills required to deal effectively in the organization with internal and external clients
Knowledge/Education: Minimum High School Graduation with additional One Year Diploma or certificate course or equivalent level of education such as general business courses, accounting courses. WHIMIS.