The AccuMark Department supervisor is responsible for the quality of all work produced by the department and monitoring delivery dates.
Duties and responsibilities
• Supervise staff in the department to reduce errors and ensure completion of all work.
• Confirm order accuracy regarding model, suffix, cloth information
• Develop programming for any new changes not already implemented, involves collaboratively working with Design and IT.
• Maintain data base information for base measurements based on information from Design Dept.
• Maintain alteration file in software and create new alterations when necessary.
• Making changes to all files accessed in order processing.
• Maintaining storage areas, including deletion of old files not used.
• Solving computer problems when possible.
• Investigate and solve problems to ensure completion of all AccuMark work.
• Update software when necessary (communication with Gerber and our IT).
• Testing new software before going into production.
• Performance review of workers in dept. twice a year.
• Monitor equipment repairs.
• Help workers with making markers for cutting when necessary.
• Help with Design Department when necessary to update model change and/or digitize.
• Monitor Digitizer quality.
• Comply with all Health and Safety legislation
• Additional duties as required
Minimum qualifications required to successfully perform the job:
• Excellent attention to detail is vital
• Able to work independently and be self-motivated
• Post-secondary education is an asset
• Ability to use a computer effectively including: AccuMark, Gerber, Excel, Word, working knowledge of AS400 is an asset
• Must have good communication skills, oral and written
• Flexible to meet constantly changing demands of the workplace
• Must be able to read and write proficiently in English