The Opportunity: Pattern Maker
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Opportunity knocks! If you are passionate, motivated, and inspired then we want to introduce you to one of Canada’s top brands.
Create, update, and maintain patterns from the initial design through all levels of prototypes to bulk production. Work closely with Product Developers and Designers to capture a superior fit, design concept and high standard of construction. Adhering to seasonal schedules and production calendar.
• Create and maintain patterns in Gerber system; complete all required changes and updates of patterns through all stages of style development.
• Partnering with Design to fully understand style construction details, styling intent, fit and proportions.
• Ensure products are engineered to Quality and Manufacturing standards.
• Measure all garments to create style documentation, following internal manuals.
• Ensure brand integrity, size and fit are consistent within the product category.
• Work closely with sample makers to ensure understanding of the construction of each specific garment.
• Ensure accuracy of all the patterns prior to release of the style to production.
• Provide feedback to Design and Product Developers on construction challenges, recommend alternatives or improvements, ensure the pattern, BOM and Sketches are updated accordingly.
• Arrange reviews with Product Developers of garments to discuss style, fit and construction to effectively create garments meeting all standards.
• Create and manage mock-ups in a timely manner when required.
• Provide patterns to Grading, Marker Making, QA and Production Departments, working closely to ensure that all details are understood.
Experience & Education:
• University Degree/College Diploma in Fashion Arts, with technical/ patternmaking emphasis.
• Grading experience is an asset.
• Experience in patternmaking, preferably in outerwear.
• CAD pattern drafting experience is required. Gerber Accumark experience is an asset.
• Experience with the 3D Design Software is an asset.
• Knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop is an asset.
• Must be proficient with MS Outlook.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to work from initial design, from first prototype sample through to bulk production
• Solid understanding of fabrics, garment construction and fit, including the ability to fit on live models and translate to flat pattern
• Self-motivated, team player, reliable, dedicated and diligent
• Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
• Must be able to communicate with fellow coworkers, as well as contractors and suppliers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate garment fit and construction techniques to both internal staff as well as outside factories
• Strong understanding of body shapes & fit is a must
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment while meeting the demands of many different departments (Production, Product Development, Cutting, Quality Assurance)
• Able to meet extremely tight deadlines
• Office & Manufacturing environment
• Travel to other manufacturing locations and technology conferences < 5%
Tony Curtis & Associates thanks all who apply, however, only those permitted to work in Canada will be considered.