Location: St. Clair and Scarlet Rd. Toronto, ON
Salary: 55-60K + Benefits
Required: 4/5 years experience
Required: Solid Microsoft Office Skills
The Warehouse Supervisor will drive operational efficiencies through the distribution centre for receiving and shipping in a retail environment. You will improve productivity and ensure capacity planning. You will manage the inventory levels, space and labour optimization, and lead continuous improvement projects. You will coach and mentor the team, and advocate safety principles. You will have a minimum of 4 years experience in a role supervising the distribution centre, storage, inventory, maintenance, health & safety, and compliance.
If the above qualifications describe you to a T, do not hesitate to forward your Resume as soon as possible because you are exactly who we are looking for!
Qualified applicants are invited to forward their resumes via email in MS Word format to: email@example.com. Please write \"Warehouse Supervisor” in the subject line of your e-mail.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only the most qualified will be contacted due to the volume of applicants.
What you will do:
As the new Warehouse Supervisor you will be involved in both logistics and personnel. You are NOT the type of supervisor who simply manages and observes. You will lead by example, enjoy getting your hands dirty to get the job done, whatever it takes.
You will work with the Senior Management team to determine the warehouse plan. With the details hammered out, you will be responsible for communicating and implementing that plan with your team, and reporting to the Management Team that warehouse goals have been met.
Whether shipping or receiving, you will ensure that all plans are on track accordingly, confirming all goods are accurately documented and tracked.
Additionally, the Warehouse Supervisor will be heavily involved in leading the team, training and scheduling your team members to maximize production effectiveness. At any given time you will manage between 2 and 5 people, so you will need to bring your strong organizational and people skills to this role.
This also involves motivating people, and discovering ways to help your team do their best. You will be responsible for taking disciplinary action when necessary. A responsible Supervisor will know the value of active listening, communicating, and energizing the team to work well together.
· A person who loves to win and hustles to ensure success; you thrive in a fast-paced environment, you don\'t fade under pressure, you actually think it is fun!
· An entrepreneurial thinker and relentless problem-solver; you have an analytical mind and can overcome challenges on-the-fly in a thoughtful and meaningful way
· Detail oriented; you\'re busy and over-booked, but you manage to do it all with a smile
· A person of high integrity; you want to get things done while also doing it the right way with a customer-first attitude
· Passionate and purposeful; you want to build a foundation for a career in warehousing, everything you do has a purpose
· A team player; you understand that this is a team sport and, in order to build something special, we need each other to be successful
· An advocate for wellness; you have passion for health, wellness and driving innovation
Detailed Role Overview:
· Manage the handling, distribution, and storage of all product and supplies that come in and out of the warehouse.
· Supervise warehouse team, including delegation, training, performance evaluation and disciplinary actions.
· Ensure all orders are shipped to clients in a timely manner in adherence to delivery schedules.
· Assist with picking and packing shipments to be shipped out regularly.
· Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to the appropriate parties.
· Maintain strict control over supply levels in order to meet internal and external demand of product.
· Identify discrepancies between inventory records in house, and in stores, and take action.
· Investigate causes of lost or damaged shipments and other matters; make adjustments where necessary with proper documentation.
· Plan warehouse layout and space requirements in order to prevent loss or damage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization.
· Take into account full implications of freight turnover, size, weight, and other factors when allocating warehouse space.
· Enforce corporate policies regarding security and safety in order to maintain a safe working environment.
· Conduct periodic spot-checks of inventory levels and supplies.
What you have accomplished to get here:
· 4-5 years of direct work experience in a warehouse lead hand or supervisor function.
· Direct working knowledge of operations and warehousing.
· Direct knowledge of WHMIS and other safety systems.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
· Strong knowledge of warehouse documentation, with good writing skills.
· Ability to interpret and act upon complex instructions.
· Solid project management skills are essential.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Good financial and business awareness.
· Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and the leadership team.
· Team leadership and teambuilding abilities.
· Excellent conflict resolution skills, diplomacy, and tact.
· Persuasive, motivational, and persistent.
· Excellent planning and resource allocation skills.