Tony Curtis & Associates has an awesome opportunity for a Product Developer with 2-5 years of experience to join one of our top-tier clients. If you are a strong communicator with a positive and creative attitude, you won’t want to miss this opportunity to join an industry leader in children’s and women’s apparel brand with 30 corporate stores selling to better boutiques and department stores throughout North America, Europe and Australia.
Location: Montreal, Canada
Salary Range: 55-60K
In this role you will support the product development team by working alongside designers and overseas vendors to create seasonal product specifications, and you will report to The Creative Director and The Director of Product Development.
The successful candidate will demonstrate proficiency in understanding garment construction and fit and will be able to build technical details clearly and accurately. You will bring to the team a positive and flexible attitude, as communicating with other team members is critical to the success of the brand and personal growth.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Create new style tech packs/specifications
• Communicate with overseas vendors
• Measure/assess samples and attend fittings/make necessary fit revisions and spec adjustments
• Manage incoming and outgoing samples
• Create accurate technical sketches
• Assist and support the Director of Product Development in maintaining consistent brand standards for quality, fit and sizing.
• Assist and support the designers in their efforts to create seasonal lines.
• Be flexible and able to assist the team on design related issues as they arise ie: photoshoots, parcel shipping, etc...
Must have qualifications:
• Successfully graduated from a College or University with a degree in fashion.
• 2-5 years’ experience in the fashion industry in a relatable role
• Strong understanding of garment fit and pattern making philosophy
• Outstanding knowledge of adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Excel
• Ability to create technically accurate garment sketches
• Ability to accurately measure and assess garment samples
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Be motivated and a self-starter
• Must be fluent in both spoken and written English