The Opportunity: Technical Designer
Salary: $40 - $50K
Tony Curtis & Associates has an immediate role to fill for a prominent client with internal resources in Asia. In this role you will excel at evaluating and improving product fit, quality, and workmanship. With your excellent communications skills you will ensure that all Vendors and Business Partners consistently meet all set standards set by Mass Market Clients.
If you have a passion for fashion and are keen to apply your technical design skills, then we would love to hear from you.
· Work with Creative Merchandiser to develop accurate detailed specification packages following Brand direction.
· Evaluate samples, identify fit & quality problems & recommend appropriate solutions
· Work with Vendors by troubleshooting & anticipating possible problems in production to minimize quality & fit issues.
· Regularly review base size specifications, grade rules, & figure types to ensure customer satisfaction & company objectives.
· Ensure all internal Technical Packages and communications (our client has a sourcing office based in China), with factories & business associates adhere to the quality & fit standards.
· Adhere to the development & production cycle/timelines to ensure all product deadlines are achieved
· Research & evaluate market seasonally for fit, construction & quality
Skills & Attributes:
· Experienced in patternmaking, draping, grading, garment construction & factory production.
· Knowledge of fabric & yarn construction techniques & finishes.
· Knowledge of garment & fabric testing
· Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Creative Suite
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent time management & project skills
· 2 – 4 years of industry experience required
· Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in a Fashion Design Program or equivalent in industry related experience
The So What:
$40 - $50K
Excellent Downtown Location – walking distance to Union Station
Contact the job poster
Job poster profile
Owner, Tony Curtis & Associates
Job Poster Location
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Set alert for similar jobs
Technical Designer, Toronto, ON
Pay range in Toronto, ON
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
Base pay range
$40/yr - $50/yr